I always like to set certain goals at the beginning of each year, as it's always nice (or slightly shameful) to look back on and see how much has been achieved at the end of it.
This will be my second year as a fulltime blogger and I'm so excited to see what 2018 has in store for me.
I have no idea where exactly this year will take me (that's the exciting part!) but I thought I would write up 50 travel goals, tailored mostly towards my biggest goal of the year (to explore more of my own country New Zealand) and my two next new countries which are booked for March/April (America and Canada).
As I go through the year I will return and cross off each goal and what date I achieved it.
Here's to an amazing year of travel!
See the largest mountain - Mount Cook✓ 18/06/08 Go to Bluff; the very bottom-most point of the South Island✓ 15/06/18
- Hike the Tongariro Alpine Crossing
Go whale watching in Kaikoura✓ 31/05/18 See a glacier up close (Franz Josef/Fox)✓ 8/06/18
- Visit the Lighthouse at Castlepoint
Visit Hobbiton again!✓ 11/02/18 Go kayaking or hiking at Abel Tasman National Park✓ 3/06/18
- Explore the Taranaki region
- Go camping in Manawatu
- See the glow worms at Waitomo Cave
Do more adrenalin activities in Queenstown✓ 11/06/18
- Visit Hamner Springs
- Swim with the dolphins in Akaroa
Do lots of skiing/boarding at Whakapapa✓ 23/07/18
Go to Disneyland!✓ 11/03/18
- See the Hollywood sign (It was covered in fog!!)
Stroll the Walk of Fame✓ 10/03/18 Go to Venice Beach and Santa Monica Pier✓ 10/03/18 Gamble and party in Las Vegas!✓ 14/03/18 See a show in Vegas✓ 14/03/18 See the Grand Canyon✓ 15/03/18
- Helicopter over the Grand Canyon (Wish I could afford it! Next time)
Eat pizza in Chicago✓ 16/03/18 See the green river in Chicago on St Patrick's Day✓ 17/03/18 Get a great shot of the Cloud Gate✓ 18/03/18 Eat Poutine and Maple Syrup in Canada✓ 19/03/18 Visit friends in Ottawa✓ 18/03/18 Visit Parliament Hill and the Museum of History✓ 19/03/18 Stay at the Citadel in Quebec City✓ 23/03/18
- See a moose/beaver/bear (Probably a good thing I didn't actually!)
NEW YORK CITY BABY!✓ 25/03/18 Walk through Central Park✓ 25/03/18 People-watch in Times Square✓ 25/03/18 Go to the Top of the Rock/Empire State Building/One World Center✓ 26/03/18 Eat pizza and hot dogs✓ 25/03/18
- Go ice skating at the Rockefeller Center/Central Park (Decided not to)
Walk the Brooklyn Bridge✓ 28/03/18 See the Statue of Liberty✓ 25/03/18 Do a Gossip Girl tour✓ 30/03/18 Go to Harry Potter World in Orlando✓ 03/04/18 Drink cocktails and eat Key Lime Pie in Florida✓ 01/04/18
Explore more of your own country New Zealand✓
- Visit your 30th country in 2018
Go to a new continent✓ 8/03/18
- Travel to either (or all) Japan/India/Sri Lanka/The Philippines/Fiji
- Volunteer overseas or set it up for 2019 (Nepal or in Africa)
- Write great content and grow your blog
- Meet new and collaborate with other travel bloggers
- Have an amazing year doing what you love
So far achieved at April: 33/50
Countries visited 2018: 5 - United States of America, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, Indonesia
(If I end up going to Europe later in the year which is looking very likely I will update it to 100 travel goals!)
Let me know in the comments if you have visited any of these places and what your travel goals for this year are too!
I wish you all the best for the new year ahead.
|Pin it! :)|
*This post contains images that are not my own.